[MITgcm-support] nonperiodic gentim2d controls w/out calendar

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Feb 9 12:10:14 EST 2023

Hi Dan,

I think it works just like any forcing without pkg/exf+cal: A “periodic" forcing function is only periodic, if the intergration period is longer than externForcingCycle. When the model time exceeds externForcingCycle, the model starts reading from the beginning of the forcing file. You are required to proved enough records (= externForcingCycle/externForcingPeriod)

Martin