[MITgcm-support] windspeed calculation in dic package

Manfredi Manizza mmanizza at ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 18 11:55:18 EDT 2023

Hi,
in principle you have to first check the packages.conf file to verify which
packages are activated,
then  you  also have to check the CPP_OPTIONS.h (or other options files )
to understand which blocks
of code are activated to read the wind fields. From there you should be
able to  start your debugging.

I hope it helps.

Manfredi

On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 3:33 AM 庾从蓉 <congrongyu at 126.com> wrote:

> Hi, everyone,
>
>      We woould like to use EXF files (Meteorological data) to calcuate the
> hydrodynamic process, and use the windfile in data.dic to calulate the
> oxygen flux between air and water. Is it possible?
>      We created a windfile with u and v from EXF files, and changed the
> windspeed in certain area to zero, in order to block the air water
> exchange. However, the model did not read the windfile, while the model
> still can be run.  We think it might be due to the approach used to create
> the windfile is not correct.
>      If any one have done this before, or know how to fix it. We
> appreciate your help.
>
> Best,
>
> a new modeler

Dr. Manfredi Manizza
Geosciences Research Division
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive La Jolla, CA 92093-0244
email : mmanizza at ucsd.edu
tel   : +1-858-534-7094
web   : http://bluemoon.ucsd.edu/mmanizza/

web   : https://mmanizza.scrippsprofiles.ucsd.edu/