[MITgcm-support] windspeed calculation in dic package

庾从蓉 congrongyu at 126.com
Fri Aug 18 03:31:53 EDT 2023

Hi, everyone,

     We woould like to use EXF files (Meteorological data) to calcuate the hydrodynamic process, and use the windfile in data.dic to calulate the oxygen flux between air and water. Is it possible?
     We created a windfile with u and v from EXF files, and changed the windspeed in certain area to zero, in order to block the air water exchange. However, the model did not read the windfile, while the model still can be run.  We think it might be due to the approach used to create the windfile is not correct.
     If any one have done this before, or know how to fix it. We appreciate your help.

Best,

a new modeler