[MITgcm-support] Environment for compiling

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Fri Apr 1 11:31:47 EDT 2022

Hi Robert,

I have 2 suggestions:

1) It looks like an error related to NetCDF (in pkg/mnc). I would recommend
 to proceed in 2 steps:
 a) try to sort out things without NetCDF: you can remove "mnc" from your
    packages.conf list of pkg and remove/comment-out "useMNC=.TRUE.," in data.pkg
    when trying to run.
 Once you know that it compiles and run fine (you could even start with a simple
 experiment in "MITgcm/verification/"), you could move to second-step:
 b) try to sort out NetCDF libs, include dir and Env-var setting.

2) It could be useful to include the optfile you are using, i.e., "gaea_c3",
 since it's not in the standard MITgcm repos. This way we might be able to
 provide better advises.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel