[MITgcm-support] Frictional heating in the ocean model

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Oct 26 05:36:19 EDT 2020

Hi Fangze,

I have never used addFrictionHeating, but I have the impression that the field “frictionHeating” is never computed for the oceanic case, i.e. it is always zeros. I cannot find any code to compute frictional heating for the ocean. Feel free to add this missing physics in analogy to atm_phys_tendency_apply* or similar.

Martin