[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] Banding, Checkerboarding in KPP Viscosities

Senja Walberg senja.w at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 13:18:04 EDT 2020

Thanks Martin for moving this back to the support board.

I haven't looked at all the fluxes and will output those next to see. I
also haven't played with the time step, but I've changed the vertical grid
spacing (dz). I'm using a 15 s timestep, when dz=1m I don't get any banding
or artifacts. I've tried dz=0.5m and dz=0.25m and the banding is gridscale
for both of those cases.

My case is small enough to share, I've attached it in a zip file. Just run
'genbins.py' to get all the binary files and do the usual steps compiling
to set up my configuration.

Cheers,
Senja