[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] Banding, Checkerboarding in KPP Viscosities

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Apr 7 15:40:28 EDT 2020

OK, got it to run, but how long does it take until these patterns appear?

I am not at all certain that this matters: I assume that salinity is zero all the time, but I would suggest either setting a diffusive advection scheme for salinity (saltAdvScheme = 33) or turn salinity off (saltStepping = .FALSE.). With the default advection scheme (2) and the tiny diffusivities, there may be unexpected results.

Martin