[MITgcm-support] MNC pickup

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Aug 12 12:33:13 EDT 2019

If it works for you, that you can use it. As far as I remember the implementation is not foolproof: you get file for each MPI process, and you are not allowed to change your domain decomposition, ie. the number of MPI-processes between pickups (and I agree that’s not what one would do too often), further I have no idea how it works with OpenMP and multi-threading.

With the default mds-pickups and with useSingleCPUio=.TRUE., you get global pickup files that can be used with any domain decomposition. I does have the disadvantage of being difficult to read.

Martin