[MITgcm-support] MNC pickup

Safin, Artur Artur.Safin at eawag.ch
Mon Aug 12 08:20:38 EDT 2019

Dear MITgcm users,

I am testing whether I can use the mnc package to store the pickup files in netcdf format, and am getting the following warning message:

(PID.TID 0002.0001) ** WARNING ** MNC_READPARMS: incomplete MNC pickup files implementation
(PID.TID 0002.0001) ** WARNING ** MNC_READPARMS: => pickup_write_mnc=T not recommanded
(PID.TID 0002.0001) ** WARNING ** MNC_READPARMS: => pickup_read_mnc=T not working for some set-up

>From what it seems, the message is triggered automatically anytime I set 'pickup_write_mnc = .TRUE.' . So far, the code seems to read the netcdf pickup files fine, but I am curious if anyone knows as to what might be missing or what issues I could potentially run into.

Best,
Artur