[MITgcm-support] Behavior of Ptracers at Orlanski boundary

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Apr 12 03:41:44 EDT 2019

Hi Yilang,

I think that your only way out is to change the boundary conditions for the passive tracers. You obviously read this old post. Now you know what I mean by “keep your fingers crossed”.

As a quick fix, I usually try to use some approximate v.Neumann BC, but that’s already implemented in the example given in the old post <http://mailman.mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2012-October/008012.html>

If that doesn’t help you’ll probably have to try to implement Orlanski BC’s for passive tracers …

Martin