[MITgcm-support] Behavior of Ptracers at Orlanski boundary

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Fri Apr 12 12:01:25 EDT 2019

Hi Yilang,

Did you try, for each passive tracer "iTr":
 OBCS_u1_adv_Tr(iTr) = 1,
This will force to use 1rst Order upwind advection-scheme at OB location
but only in the case of an outflow. This could help the passive tracer to
leave the domain without accumulating.
An example can be found here:
 verification/so_box_biogeo/input/data.obcs

Cheers,
Jean-Michel