[MITgcm-support] netcdf output files

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Thu Apr 11 16:10:24 EDT 2019

Hi Yangxin,

First, KL10 outputs to the diagnostics package as well as raw mdsio, so you may want to start using th diagnostics package. Note that using the diagnostics package, even with mdsio, also allows you to have one file per timestep and `globalFiles=.TRUE.` so maybe that is good enough for you?

If you use MNC you will have to glue the netcdf files together.

You may also be interested in my PR for global netcdf files.  I’m not sure what the status of it is in the project, but I use it all the time now.  https://github.com/MITgcm/MITgcm/pull/31 <https://github.com/MITgcm/MITgcm/pull/31>

Cheers,   Jody