[MITgcm-support] ADWRITE package error "tapeFileCounter > tapeMaxCounter"

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue May 29 10:52:58 EDT 2018

Hi Dan,

to avoid the "relocation truncated to fit” error you can try to use a different memory model for your compiler. For example for ifort this means adding the option -mcmodel=medium (or even large) and there may be other options depending on your compiler.

I assume that you use ALLOW_AUTODIFF_WHTAPEIO and ALLOW_WHIO_3D. In that case and if you are feeling bold you can modify line 36 in MDSIO_BUFF_WH.h:
      PARAMETER (nWh=30*Nr)
to increase nWh (which is then copied to tapeMaxCounter). I assume that this will also increase you memory footprint.

Martin