[MITgcm-support] Inconsistency in cubed sphere grid generator

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 17:50:27 EDT 2018

Hi Nils, I don’t know (remember) answer to your question,
but the black cross does look familiar.

The two lines that you mention were introduced with following comment:
"% Fix truncation for x=0 or y=0 (aja)”
(aja is Alistair Adcroft)

I wonder if Alistair introduced this correction in order to keep the grid
fully spherical?  That is your “new” grid might eliminate the “cross”
anomaly in the area but at the expense of introducing a small bulge
near the center of the face?

Dimitris Menemenlis