[MITgcm-support] Questions Setting Up Bathymetry File

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Aug 10 04:31:16 EDT 2018

Hi Keerthijan,

did you get a reply?

I think the python code looks good to me, except that I would expect to have your “bandarray” with dimensions (ny,nx) following the python convention. I then usually don’t need the ravel method. In the end you’ll find out by trial and error, which ordering is correct.

- Nx = sNx*nSx*nPx, where Nx are the number of points in x-direction in your bathy file, and similar for Ny. nSx/nSy should normally be 1 unless you want a hybrid MPI/OpenMP executable.
- you can set (constant) resolution by using dxSpacing, dySpacing in “data”, the units depend on the grid you choose. For a cartesian grid it’s meters. For a spherical polar grid degrees.
- Nr is the number of vertical grid point.

Martin