[MITgcm-support] Mesh generation with high resolution along coastline

Yadidya Badarvada yadidyabadarvada at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 11:47:58 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm working on the simulation of internal waves in the Bay of Bengal using
MITgcm. I have attached the domain of the region that I want to run the
simulations. I would like to create a mesh with high resolution along the
coastline and head Bay of Bengal. I have been using seagrid to create a
mesh but the orthogonality error is increasing to around 30%. So, is there
any other way to attain my objective of having high resolution along the
coast line and probably a software to design a mesh in such a way that the
horizontal resolution can be determined in terms of increasing depth?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Yadidya.B
Research Scholar