[MITgcm-support] Tendencies from monthly output in ECCO v4-r2

gael forget gforget at mit.edu
Tue Mar 21 15:21:18 EDT 2017

Hi Erik,

not sure but WSLTMASS could indeed be the culprit. You can generate these fields or, to be most consistent, output complete salt budgets by following directions in https://github.com/gaelforget/ECCO_v4_r2/blob/master/eccov4.pdf and editing https://github.com/gaelforget/ECCO_v4_r2/blob/master/input/data.diagnostics. The “budg2d_*” diagnostic sets, which are commented out in the online data.diagnostics, should include all variables needed for salt budgets.

Cheers,
Gael