[MITgcm-support] Using NetCDF

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Thu Jun 29 18:36:48 EDT 2017

Hi Seth,

I’ve not tried to build the mitgcm with a netcdf install using conda,
but those are hdf4/5 libraries that netcdf requires.   Did you try
`condo list hdf`,

`conda info netcdf4`?

My guess is somehow you didn’t install all the dependencies for netcdf
(though you may want to check why that occurred).  Have you checked that
netcdf works at all?  I think `condo install netcdf4` installs ncdump,
so you could see if that runs (though make sure you are using the conda
one `/home/sgoodnight/miniconda3/envs/ncl_stable/bin/ncdump` probably?)

Cheers,  Jody