[MITgcm-support] Using NetCDF

Seth Goodnight jsgoodni at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 29 18:25:37 EDT 2017

Good afternoon. I am trying to run MITgcm with NetCDF enabled as output
files. I am using the OPTFILE (attached) linux_amd64_gfortran. I am pretty
sure I have defined NETCDF_ROOT correctly in my .bashrc. However, when I
run genmake the following is error is given,

"Can we create NetCDF-enabled binaries...  no"

Specifically inside the genmake.log (also attached), it gives the error,

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libmfhdf.so.0, needed by /home/sgoodnight/miniconda3/
envs/ncl_stable/lib/libnetcdf.so, not found (try using -rpath or
-rpath-link)

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libdf.so.0, needed by /home/sgoodnight/miniconda3/
envs/ncl_stable/lib/libnetcdf.so, not found (try using -rpath or
-rpath-link)

Any ideas for possible fixes?

Thanks