[MITgcm-support] Turning off the ocean

Chris Horvat horvat at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 16 19:48:06 EST 2017

Hey Jean-Michel,

I think this is because some large gradients develop in temperature, but
not totally sure.

However, momStepping=.FALSE. returns an error regarding the
variable storePhiHyd4Phys, which is not, as far as I can tell, accessible
via data.

In lieu of an immediate solution, I am instead running with

 momAdvection=.FALSE.,
 momViscosity=.FALSE.,
 momForcing=.FALSE.,
 useCoriolis=.FALSE.,
 useCDscheme=.FALSE.,
 momPressureForcing=.FALSE.,

which are all controlled by momStepping, so I will see if this gives a
better result.

---
Christopher Horvat -- www.chrv.at
PhD Student
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
Harvard University
Cambridge, MA, USA