[MITgcm-support] build errors for llc_1080

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:29:09 EST 2016

These suggestions are great (and also obvious, but only in retrospect of
course!)

I also downloaded a pickup file from pleaides and tried thiat.

Here is a table of what works.

initial condition              | exf | seaice | success?
-------------------------------|-----|--------|---------
Jan2010_THETA_1080x14040x90_r4 |  Y  |   Y    |  N
Jan2010_THETA_1080x14040x90_r4 |  Y  |   N    |  N
Jan2010_THETA_1080x14040x90_r4 |  N  |   N    |  N
uniform                        |  Y  |   Y    |  N
uniform                        |  Y  |   N    |  Y
uniform                        |  N  |   N    |  Y
pickup.0000002880              |  N  |   N    |  N

The only cases that work involve uniform initial conditions. With these, it
works with exf enabled, but not seaice.

I thought perhaps my initial conditions files were corrupted. (Still have
not done checksums, sorry.) But the test with the pickup suggests that the
problem is deeper.

I will keep digging.

Thanks again for the help!

-Ryan