[MITgcm-support] build errors for llc_1080

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:41:12 EST 2016

Hi Ryan, one thought is that if atmospheric forcing or oceanic state
is incompatible with initial sea ice conditions, you can have a very large
impulse on first time step as you melt a lot of ice (that would cause freshening
of surface layer but I don’t think that model would crash) or a lot of freezing,
which would destabilize the surface level.  But that does not explain why
cases 2, 3, and 7 fail.

Question: are you trying to run with latest MITgcm code, or did you
download "cvs co -r checkpoint64p MITgcm_code”
to try and match vintage of instructions and configuration?

Dimitris Menemenlis