[MITgcm-support] documentation about OBC Orlanski and Balance Flow

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Jan 29 03:31:28 EST 2016

Hi Camille,

there is some documentation about the obcs package here: <http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node236.html>
There is very little about the Orlanski option but at least it points you to some examples (the verification experiments that Matt mentioned).

I often use the Stevens BCs, which are some kind of mixture of prescribe values and a radiation condition. For purely radiative BCs, the Orlanski option is probably the best.

Martin