[MITgcm-support] documentation about OBC Orlanski and Balance Flow

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 28 11:38:34 EST 2016

Hi Camile

I have never used Orlanski.

Regarding balance step, I assume you mean "OBCS_BALANCE" which just balances the net inflow (a barotropic balance). So it only acts on the normal component of velocity.

My suggestion is to try to learn from example "verification" experiments, and ask questions when you are stuck. There are lots of email threads about OBCS too.

Matt