[MITgcm-support] Format of lab_sea input forcing files

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:57:05 EST 2016

I think the two extra months are for historical reasons.
Many years ago we needed forcing fields that spanned January 1 and December 31,
so had to add December (from previous year) and January (from next year) fields
to be able to integrate the model for a full year.

The two extra months are not needed any more.  The beginning and end of year are taken
care of either by wrap-around (e.g., repeatPeriod = 31622400.0, in data.exf) or from
fields in previous and next year (useExfYearlyFields = .TRUE., in data.exf_YearlyFields).

Look at description of forcing file content in data.exf