[MITgcm-support] Format of lab_sea input forcing files

Antje Ahrens s_4m7xwv at uni-bremen.de
Wed Jan 27 10:10:31 EST 2016

Dear all,

I am currently working on the MITgcm to simulate circulation changes in
the Northwestern Atlantic during the Holocene for my Master's thesis. I
am basically using the verification experiment lab_sea as a starting
point and adapting it to my needs.
Now I have started to adapt my model area and grid and need some help. I
cannot find documentation on the monthly NCEP forcing files mentioned in
the README-File (u10m.labsea79, prate.labsea1979 etc.). I would like to
format my forcing files accordingly. The original files follow the
dimensions 20x16x14.
I expected 20x16x12 (nx, ny, monthly values). Why now 14? Do I have to
add too additional months, and if so, which ?

Thanks for any help
Antje Ahrens