[MITgcm-support] bugs in ctrl pkg?

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 31 18:26:40 EDT 2016

Hi Charlotte

Yes, this is confusing. I think the idea is to either strictly use the generic controls or not. So if you want to use ALLOW_GENARR3D_CONTROL then you should control atemp using ALLOW_GENTIM2D_CONTROL.

In data.ctrl you would have something like:

 xx_gentim2d_weight(1) = 'EIG_tmp2m_degC_wt_SO3.bin',
 xx_gentim2d_file(1)='xx_atemp_anom',
 xx_gentim2d_startdate1(1)=20080101,
 xx_gentim2d_startdate2(1)=30000,
 xx_gentim2d_period(1)=1209600.0,
 xx_gentim2d_preproc(1,1)='rmcycle',
 xx_gentim2d_preproc_i(1,1)=1,
 xx_gentim2d_preproc(2,1)='smooth',
 mult_gentim2d(1) = 1.0,
#
 xx_gentim2d_weight(2) = 'EIG_tmp2m_degC_wt_SO3.bin',
 xx_gentim2d_file(2)='xx_atemp_mean',
 xx_gentim2d_startdate1(2)=20080101,
 xx_gentim2d_startdate2(2)=30000,
 xx_gentim2d_period(2)=1209600.0,