[MITgcm-support] build MITgcm with mpi

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Oct 9 06:17:32 EDT 2015

Tony,

mpif.h is not part of the MITgcm but part of your MPI implementation. So make sure that (1) there is a working MPI implementation installed, (2) genmake2 knows where it is. For the latter you may have to modify the “build options file” that you are using. Some of these files (e.g. tools/build_options/linux_ia32_gfortran) are customized, so that you only need to set specific environment variables, e.g. MPI_INC_DIR for MPI libraries, NETCDF_ROOT for netcdf libraries, before running genmake2. Have a look at the many examples in tools/build_options

Maritn