[MITgcm-support] Problem with ALLOW_OBCS_SPONGE.

Josué Martínez Moreno josue_pingu at ciencias.unam.mx
Mon Nov 2 18:58:18 EST 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build, an oceanic experiment as lab_sea, but with a boundary
condition of sponge.
I changed the file OBCS_OPTIONS.h and I defined:

C This includes hooks to sponge layer treatment of uvel, vvel
#define ALLOW_OBCS_SPONGE

And I got an error in the compilation, the message is:

(PID.TID 0000.0001) OBCS_CHECK: #define ALLOW_OBCS_STEVENS
OBCS_CHECK: Cannot set useOBCSsponge=.TRUE. (data.obcs)
OBCS_CHECK: with #undef ALLOW_OBCS_SPONGE (OBCS_OPTIONS.h)
OBCS_CHECK: detected  1 fatal error(s)
S/R ALL_PROC_DIE: ending the run
STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R OBCS_CHECK

I also commented the error lines in the obcs_check.F file, but I'm still
getting the same error.
Could you help me?

Have a great day and thank you
Josue Martinez Moreno
Universidad Nacional Aut?noma de M?xico
P.S. Thank you so much by the last answer.