[MITgcm-support] stagger time step

marco reale reale.marco82 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:15:51 EDT 2015

dear mitgcm users,

I’m doing some experiments using MITGCM with advective scheme 33 for temperature and salinity and KPP implemented.

Despite the model doesn’t blow up after the end of simulation checking the STDERR file I found this error reported:

(PID.TID 0000.0001) ** WARNING ** GAD_CHECK: potentially unstable time-stepping (Internal Wave)
(PID.TID 0000.0001) ** WARNING ** GAD_CHECK: need "staggerTimeStep=.TRUE." in "data", nml PARM01

So I’m repeating the same experiment using staggerTimeStep = .TRUE. again but I would like to know how this error may affect the outputs of my experiment or if I have to expect changes between the two experiment outputs

Cheers

Marco