[MITgcm-support] Poor cpu usage percentage

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 07:54:46 EDT 2015

Dear Nick, this does not answer you main question, but “make -j 2” only changes compilation time
by compiling using 2 parallel threads,  the executable will not change.

Two wild guesses at what might be slowing down your code execution is if you have a lot of I/O
in your configuration, or maybe a lot of other programs running at the same time?