[MITgcm-support] Setting appropriate start time after changing model resolution

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jan 29 09:58:46 EST 2015

Hi Roland,

I don’t think that it is possible to have a “warm start” at nIter0>0 without pickup files.

This is tricky: You could try to create pickup files from your input fields. The pickup file does not contain anything else, except that everything is real*8 and there are a few more tendency fields (which could be set to zero). Have a look at read/write_pickup.F to see in which oder you need save the fields for a pickup.

Martin