[MITgcm-support] visualizing some output in matlab

MARIO DURAN CAMEJO mdcamejo at ing.uc3m.es
Thu Jan 29 09:36:32 EST 2015

Hello,

I'm very sorry for asking some very basic questions but I'm a new user of
MITgcm. I'm following the User Manual for getting familiarized with the
model and I don't understand how to proceed once I obtain the results after
a run. Manual at page 105 indicates, for example, the command lines:

% matlab
>> H=rdmds('Depth');
>> contour(H'); colorbar;
>> title(''Depth of fluid as used by model);

referred to some of the examples that are provided.

Which directory it is supposed I have to be in to make these instructions?
How can matlab read the .dat and .meta files to produce the plots I'm
asking for?

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Mario

--
MARIO DURAN CAMEJO
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid