[MITgcm-support] vorticity balance

marco reale reale.marco82 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 09:34:51 EST 2015

hi everyone,

I’m just curios to know whether my approach is correct or not : I want to do a vorticity balance of a basin. In order to compute each term of vorticity equation my idea is to apply the curl definition as mom_cal_relVort.F to each term of momentum buget equation , namely UM_advec+UmHydroPX+Um_diss+GradientEta+Um_corios+UM_ext.After I get each term  in order to have a vorticity not a variation I multiply each term for frequency of shapshot set in data.diagnostics.Have you ever done this kind of computation using MITGCM ? Is it correct this approach or not?

cheers

Marco