[MITgcm-support] pkg/dic options ?

David Ferreira dfer at mit.edu
Wed Aug 26 16:19:29 EDT 2015

Hi Alexandre,

In my coupled run, I set #define DIC_NO_NEG. it keeps tracer values
positive in a few places, just by resetting them to zero if negative
(which could happen because of overshoot in the advection scheme for
example). It breaks conservation but is helpful. Importantly, this
option should not do a lot of work. At least in my experience, tracer
conservation is good even with it on.
I don't use DIC_BOUNDS.
ALLOW_OLD_VIRTUALFLUX: if you are using the non-linear free surface or
r*, the dilution by E-P is done naturally, no need to bother.

Can;t say much about the two other options.

cheers,
david