[MITgcm-support] relax nutrients - darwin model

Lucas Gloege gloege at wisc.edu
Mon Apr 13 13:32:45 EDT 2015

I am running a 1D simulation and want the nutrient profiles to relax back to climatology after 30 days. I did not see any simulations in the verifications that use the RELAX_NUTS options and I want to make sure I am implementing this correctly.

I turned on the RELAX_NUTS cpp option and added the following to my data.darwin file :

 darwin_relaxscale=2592000.,
 darwin_NO3_relaxFile='nwp_nitr_relax.bin',

where darwin_relaxscale is 30 days (units are seconds) and
darwin_NO3_relaxFile is a binary file with dimensions
[time depth tracer].

Am I understanding these parameters correctly?
Is this the correct way to implement the relax nutrients option?

Thank you!

Luke.