[MITgcm-support] coupling issues

Alexandre Pohl alexandre.pohl at lsce.ipsl.fr
Mon Apr 13 13:56:08 EDT 2015

Dear David, Martin and Jeffery,

Thank you very much for your quick answers. I removed the pkg/seaice from my coupled setup. Concerning the execution error due to the option 'ALLOW_AIM_CO2', adding the namelist 'AIM_PAR_CO2' in data.aimphys solved my problem, too. So, thank you again.

Here is what I got regarding the insolation issue :
* with # undef ALLOW_INSOLATION, the mean annual globally averaged incoming solar radiation is FSOL = 344.51 W/m2 instead of the expected value SOLC = 342 W/m2 defined in data.aimphys.
* surprisingly, result does not improve when the option ALLOW_INSOLATION is turned on. The new value that I get is 345.38 W/m2.
* ALLOW_CLOUD_3D has no impact on this value. By the way, should I turn this option on?

Do you think that the unexpected insolation value may be due to another flag, that I have to switch on or off somewhere in the code? Any idea?

Alexandre