[MITgcm-support] Re:Re: OBCS errors in OB location vs Mask

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Sun Sep 14 10:22:53 EDT 2014

Hi Liu,

> The message in STDERR.0000 is
> *** ERROR *** OBCS_CHECK:   222 errors in OB location vs Mask
> *** ERROR *** S/R ALL_PROC_DIE: ending the run
You can check the other STDERR.00??, and you should find a total of
222 error messages telling what is wrong.

And you may want to check some of the OB indices values in STDOUT.00?? files:
1) in global domain map (in you case, 640 x 640 map size),
  just after "OBCS_READPARMS: finished reading data.obcs"
2) in local processor tile domain (sNx x sNy, in your case, 80 x 80 ),
  after "OBCS_CHECK: start summary:"
  you should be able to find some repport for each tile that looks like:
(PID.TID 0000.0001) ======== Tile bi=   1 , bj=   1 ========
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  OB_Jn = /* Northern OB local indices */
(PID.TID 0000.0001)    46 @      -99                            /* I = -2: 43 */
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  OB_Js = /* Southern OB local indices */
(PID.TID 0000.0001)    46 @        1                            /* I = -2: 43 */
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  OB_Ie = /* Eastern OB local indices */
(PID.TID 0000.0001)    27 @      -99                            /* J = -2: 24 */
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  OB_Iw = /* Western OB local indices */
(PID.TID 0000.0001)    27 @        1                            /* J = -2: 24 */
(PID.TID 0000.0001) ======== Tile bi=   2 , bj=   1 ========

Otherwise, are you compiling pkg/exch2 (and using it, since the switch
is at compile time) ? And do you specify an "interior mask" file,
i.e., insideOBmaskFile= 'some_file_name',  in parameter file "data.obcs" ?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel