[MITgcm-support] Re:Re: OBCS errors in OB location vs Mask

Dustin Carroll dcarroll at uoregon.edu
Sun Sep 14 03:17:31 EDT 2014

Hi Liu,

You’ll have more control if you specific your solid boundaries in your land mask (i.e., depths of 0 in bathy.bin)

You can control which open boundaries are enabled in OBCS.h,

 C Enable individual open boundaries
#define ALLOW_OBCS_NORTH
#define ALLOW_OBCS_SOUTH
#define ALLOW_OBCS_EAST
#define ALLOW_OBCS_WEST

The default BC’s in MITgcm are double periodic. Also, note that the default tracer fields (T and S) at the boundaries are 0, so if you’ll want to prescribe those to match your domain.

Cheers,
Dustin