[MITgcm-support] Re?Re: OBCS errors in OB location vs Mask

刘成彦 killy at nuist.edu.cn
Tue Sep 16 08:47:28 EDT 2014

Dear all

First of all, thanks a lot for the help of Carroll, Michael and Jean-Michel.
At last, I have overcome the problem with OBCS now.
I have found the reason why it happens finally, and I want to share the experiences with the others.
The MITGCM judge the OBC from the topography file which we make it by writebin.m in matlab.
When I create it in matlab, the topography data is written by NY*NX in matlab style, but in MITGCM it
is read by NX*NY style. So the logical longitude and latitude are disturbed in the model.
When I want specify a solid boundary by &OBCS_PARM01 in data.obcs, it may should be an open boundary in topography file.
Then the error happens.
Again, thanks a lot for all of your help!

Cheers
Yours sincerely Liu

Dr. Chengyan Liu
Nanjing University of Information