[MITgcm-support] Re:Re: OBCS errors in OB location vs Mask

刘成彦 killy at nuist.edu.cn
Sat Sep 13 23:32:42 EDT 2014

Dear Carroll and Michael

Thank you for your help so much.

Re Carroll:
I have checked my values for sNx,sNy & nPx,nPy in the SIZE.h file.
sNx =  80,
sNy =  80,
nPx =  8,
nPy =  8,
It means that I would use 64 CORES to run this experiment with grids points of 640*640.
I also set useOBCS =.TRUE. In data.pkg

Re Michael:
I do think your suggestions are proper answer to my problem. But my model cannot been
integrated for only step due to this problem here. So I cannot get the hFac[WS]. Indeed, I want
 to overcome this problem by a simple way, setting the southern boundary as a solid wall!
In fact, the topography in Prydz bay in the southern boundary is also depicts as land entirely
without ocean.
In my data.obcs, I have set the solid wall property for the Southern boundary as follows:

OB_Jsouth =   640*0,

(I think ’640*0’ denotes there is no open boundary here, but it seems does work.
If I am wrong, how to set it as solid wall?)

Again, thanks both of you a lot!
Cheers
Yours sincerely Liu

Dr. Chengyan Liu