[MITgcm-support] How to write a cost function with time-averaged SSH?

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at mit.edu
Thu Oct 16 00:56:19 EDT 2014

Hi,

one of several options is to use a better verification for this case
(although not documented like the tutorials), which is lobal_ocean.90x40x15.
It uses a cost function defined in cost_atlantic_heat.F (in pkg/cost/)
This routine uses precomputed values from cost_accumulate_mean.F,
which in turn computes time-mean quantities of certain variables,
including products such as tracer transports (e.g., cMeanThetaVVel).

You could simply extend the cost_accumulate_mean.F
to add precomputation of your desired SSH fields.

p.