[MITgcm-support] How to write a cost function with time-averaged SSH?

Joe Robsion robsionjoe at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 16:44:52 EDT 2014

Hi Patrick,
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I gave it a try and came out my own cost function today. Now, I'm a little confused about my next step. I guess I should use the OpenAD to produce the adjoint codes. I ran into several files "cb2mFiles", "dontCompile", "dontTransform","findAndDiff.bash","code_ad_diff.list", and "code_ad_extra.list". It's not clear to me what these files are used for, and how to define the content of these files. It seems that all the files are different among the examples in /verification/ directory. I googled these files and checked the MITgcm manual, but find no useful information.
Could you give me some instruction about these files? Thanks a lot.
Best regards,Joe