[MITgcm-support] How to write a cost function with time-averaged SSH?

Joe Robsion robsionjoe at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 21:10:25 EDT 2014

Hi all,
I'm trying to write a cost function for adjoint sensitivity test. The cost function would be like a one day averaged SSH in a certain region. I find the cost_temp.F in /verification/tutorial_global_oce_optim/code_ad very useful. But it is not a time-averaged term. I don't know where to start. Could anyone send me a cost function example of a time-averaged term? Like one day averaged SSH. Or point me the right direction. Thank you.
Joe