[MITgcm-support] netcdf on macbook

Nicholas Record nrecord at bigelow.org
Mon May 5 11:41:41 EDT 2014

Hi ,

I'm trying to compile on a mac (OS 10.8), and I'm having trouble with netcdf. I get this warning:

WARNING: the "mnc" package was enabled but tests failed to compile
  NetCDF applications.  Please check that:

  1) NetCDF is correctly installed for this compiler and
  2) the LIBS variable (within the "optfile") specifies the correct
       NetCDF library to link against.

  Due to this failure, the "mnc" package is now DISABLED.

Has anyone compiled on a mac? Any suggestions? I installed netcdf with homebrew.

Thanks
Nick