[MITgcm-support] MITgcm-support Digest, Vol 128, Issue 38

Neil Patel nigellius at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:28:37 EDT 2014

Thanks. Btw, it looked like my issue was my time step was too big. It was stable for a long time, but eventually crashed with enough model time. I tried using the same time step you described (600 second). Is it possible at 1/6° and Leith Viscosity a larger time step could be stable? Is the time step determined by the CFL criterion or something else?

Thanks,

Neil