[MITgcm-support] rbcs advice

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:17:01 EST 2014

Hi Jody, I don't know if this is useful to you, but I wrote a routine called obcs_add_tides.F
which allows specification of tidal components at the open boundaries so that you don't
have to specify huge open boundary velocity files.  The tidal currents can be added
to lower frequency currents and T/S open boundary conditions.
If this is an approximation that you can use, there is a usage example here:
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/tides/