[MITgcm-support] rbcs advice

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Mon Mar 3 20:40:45 EST 2014

Hi Dimitris,

Thanks that sounds useful for some of our work, and will be *very* useful for many folks.  Back in the day, we just hard coded this into obcs_calc.F ;-)

However, our "tides" are very baroclinic, and need to be specified in 3-D.  In addition, I need a sponge to (partially) absorb motions that aren't in the model domain.  It'd be great if there were a version of rbcs that only required a halo of data around the open boundaries.

Thanks,   Jody