[MITgcm-support] OBCS (open boundary forcing) problem

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jan 28 11:30:47 EST 2014

Hi Martin

Currently, the top of my data.obcs file reads...

&OBCS_PARM01
 OB_Jnorth=   450*-0.1,
 OB_Jsouth=   450*0.1,
 OB_Ieast=   800*-0.1,
 OB_Iwest=   800*0.1,
 OBCS_u1_adv_T=1,
 OBCS_u1_adv_S=1,

Have I got this the wrong way round as you suggest that I should have...

OB_Ieast = 450*-1,
OB_Iwest = 450*1,

?

I have checked that my OBCS boundary conditions are indeed constant in time
as you suggest.

Jonny

jonny.williams at bristol.ac.uk
bit.ly/jonnywilliams