[MITgcm-support] Attempt to access non-existent record -EXF

Andres Fernandez andres.fernandez at nyu.edu
Tue Aug 12 16:24:37 EDT 2014

Hello support,

I have a slight issue when running the EXF package, and its that it does
not read the .bin file.
I have a file called "evap_data.bin" in the same directory as the
executable; and I am calling it in data.exf

 &EXF_NML_02
evapfile      = 'evap_data.bin',

I have created the file the following way:
fid=fopen('evap_data.bin','w',ieee); fwrite(fid,evap_new,'real*8');
fclose(fid)

The size of evap_new is (100 80) the same size as the topography (100 80)

I get the following error:

forrtl: severe (36): attempt to access non-existent record

In the STDOUT.0000 the last thing it tries to do is attempting to open the
file:

MDS_READ_FIELD: opening global file: evap_data.bin

Thank you,

*Andres Fernandez*
Mobile (USA): +1 646 717 2231

 *Think before printing. The environment is in our hands